Meet the Assistants
- Twenty years old, Brook is a sophomore at UW-LaCrosse majoring in Elementary Education.
- Brook has been a certified babysitter and nanny for years. She was raised in a family child care home and has 5 younger brothers and sisters.
- She is cheerful, patient, and kind when working with little ones.
- Brook likes to work with children "to see them grow" and to "develop relationships."
- We're lucky to have Kim return in the fall of 2012. She was a Child Care Assistant at Sue's House several years ago.
- Kim has an ECE (Early Childhood Education) Associates Degree from Madison College.
- She has many years of nannying and babysitting experience for infants up to school-age children.
- She is extra-qualified since she was raised in a family child care home.
- Kim is a natural with young children. She understands their needs in every domain. She is particularly skilled at creating meaningful conversation with toddlers and two's.
- Kim enjoys the relationships she develops when working with young children.
- Sarah is 20 years old. She was born in Michigan, but graduated from Verona High School.
- She is a first-year student at Madison Media Institute.
- Sarah has many years of babysitting and nanny experience. She worked every Sunday in her church nursery and was a summer toddler
- She loves working with young children because they are "so fun and unpredictable and they do funny things that make me
- Playful and fun, Sarah is also patient, calm, and very organized when working with young children. It is easy to tell she loves her
- Twenty-one years old, Abby is a student at UW-Milwaukee, majoring in Early Childhood Education.
- Abby has many years of nannying and babysitting experience. We are lucky to have her sub for us in the summer and on holiday breaks.
- She is a member of the Autistic Society and works with autistic children.
- Abby is cheerful, calm, and very patient when working with little ones; she effortlessly manages a group of toddlers by supporting child-directed play.
- Abby likes working with young children because "I can teach them," she says, "and they can teach me!"
- Twenty years old, Breanne is originally from Dodgeville and will be attending Madison College this spring majoring in nursing.
- She is CNA-certified and performs home health care services primarily to children.
- Breanne will travel to Costa Rica for six weeks this fall to do missionary work and improve her Spanish so she can work with our littles on Spanish vocabulary.
- In addition to many years of nannying and babysitting experience, Breanne also volunteered when she was in high school at several Dodgeville child care centers.
- Breanne is energetic, cheery, organized, and fair when working with small children.
- She likes working with children because "they’re innocent and need to rely upon us to take care of them."
- Twenty-two years old, from Monroe, Wisconsin, Maddie exudes a cheery wholesomeness.
- Maddie has worked at Sue's House for several years and now has a permanent nanny job so she subs for us on her days off.
- Maddie has done missionary work in Ecuador. She is fluent in Spanish and works with our little ones on Spanish vocabulary.
- Maddie has many years of nannying and babysitting experience and worked in the preschool lab in high school.
- Maddie is energetic, patient, and creative when working with little ones. She supports child-directed play with enthusiasm and maturity.
- Maddie likes working with children because "they're fun and it's meaningful work."
Liz "the Wiz" Taylor
- Twenty-one years old, Liz is a sophomore at UW-Madison majoring in Human Development & Families Studies.
- She is from Hayward, WI, and has 9 brothers and sisters and 13 nephews and nieces.
- She has many years of babysitting and nannying experience. She also manages her hometown Dairy Queen in the summers.
- Liz likes working with children because they are "fun, interesting, and amazing!"
- Liz IS a Wiz! She is cheerful, patient, and fair when caring for young children. She demonstrates the benefit of years of experience as
she effortlessly supports child-directed learning and resolution of conflict.
- 20 years old, Brittany is from Barneveld but graduated from Verona High School.
- Brittany has many years of nannying and babysitting experience; she has taken care of her little brother for years.
- Brittany recently completed CPR Certification and is working on her required child care courses.
- Brittany is very experienced, mature, fair and calm; she exudes genuine concern and joy when caring for little ones.
- Brittany likes working with children because "it's something new every day. I like to experience the next step forward."